Historique

mardi 1 janvier 2008

red piranha

N: $[Dionaea ' Red Piranha ' {E.Read}]
P: Carniv.Pl.Newslett.28:99 (1999)
PW: www.carnivorousplants.org/cpn/Species/v28n3p99.html
S: =[Dionaea muscipula {Soland. ex Ellis}]
GR: Dentate Traps Group {B.Meyers-Rice}
GRP: Carniv.Pl.Newslett.29:16 (2000)
B: E.Read & I.Snyder, Hawthorne, California, USA, 20. 6. 1995
Nominant: E.Read, 1999
Registrant: E.Read, 1999
HC: Registered 18. 9. 1999 {JS}
Description: Carniv.Pl.Newslett.28:99 (1999)
+ "(...)The plants varied greatly in trap bar (cilia on leaf margin)
+ size and shape, but one plant in particular was just what I wanted.
+ Because it is red and has trap bars that look like piranha teeth, I
+ named it [Dionaea ' Red Piranha ' {E.Read}]. As with other red Venus
+ Flytraps the intensity of red coloration varies according to
+ cultivation and season. It has been noted by growers who cultivate it
+ next to other popular red Venus Flytraps that its red coloration
+ equals, if not supercedes, their red color."
Standard: Carniv.Pl.Newslett.28:99 (1999)
Propagation: probably vegetative reproduction (not specified in description)
Etymology: it is red and has trap bars that look like piranha teeth

Aucun commentaire: